SoCode have been retained in the search for a new VP Engineering / CTO for one of our Exclusive clients operating in the Wireless Telecommunications sector in Cambridge, UK.
This is a new position within the business which has emerged as a result of consistent headcount growth over the last 12 months. The successful candidate will take charge of an experienced and highly capable 20-strong team bsaed in an R&D facility in Central Cambridge who are working on next-generation products within the Wireless / 5G domain.
This is a critical role reporting to the CEO and will form part of the SMT (Senior Management Team) responsible for the Day to Day running of the business operation.
The team currently is a variety of Software / Hardware / Support / Test & RF Engineers - so an appreciation of working with people from these backgrounds and within the Electronics / IOT / Telecommunications / Wireless space would be highly advantageous.
Essential Skills & Key Responsibilities:
- Significant Focus on Product Roadmap & Delivery
- Work alongside SMT & Board of Directors - Taking accountability for Engineering Delivery & Quality
- Previous Experience in managing multi-disciplinary Engineering Teams
- A highly engaging and People - Focussed Management Style
- Improve existing Engineering Processes/Procedures
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodology
- Improve Product Quality
- Manage/Appraise & Improve Engineering Team
- Assume Responsibility for Recruitment & Retention of Engineers
The successful candiate will be rewarded with a very generous salary along with a competitive bonus scheme, Pension Scheme and Share Option allocation.
Interviews will commence from 20th February and will continue for approximately 3 weeks.
For more information or to apply for this role - please send your CV via this advert or call/email Richard Mould directly on 01223 656729 or email@example.com
We will be happy to meet with all suitable candidates in our Cambridge Science Park offices.