Research Scientist (Data Mining)- Permanent- £80k-£120k
My global reaching client are continuing to build an AI team in their UK office focussed on enhancing the way they connect to their customers.
They are now looking to add to their team with research scientists specialising in Data Mining including NLP as well as information retrieval and recommender systems.
This particular client can offer endless data-rich application scenario from a number of sources including e-commence, supply-chain, logistics, big data, cloud computing, IoT, marketing, finance and robotics, to drive research on data mining.
- Conduct data-driven research and publish findings in top research platforms, such as KDD, SIGIR, WWW, and ACL
- Research and develop new ideas for applied Artificial Intelligence
- Work coherently with technical and business teams to better understand emerging technical requirements whilst identifying and participating in the research programs to solve the technical challenges
- PhD educated in data mining, information retrieval or natural language processing;
- Published in any of the following: KDD, ICDM, WSDM, SIGIR, CIKM, WWW, ACL, EMNLP, etc.
- Solid background in statistical approaches for modelling data
- Strong programming skills in Python, C++, Java, Scala
- Experience in DM/IR/NLP algorithm implementation, as well as the ability to improve/modify standard algorithms
- An active contributor to the relevant international research communities;
- Experience working with big data platforms such as Hadoop and Spark;
- Knowledge of, or experience in, building and deploying production-quality large-scale applications related to data mining, information retrieval or natural language processing.
- Ideally experience of leading and building a team
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org