SoCode are recruiting for a Solutions Architect for a Global Blue Chip customer who are going through a sustained period of business transformation.
This is a Contract vacancy for an initial period of 6 months + extensions - suitable candiates should fit within the £650-750pd rate, we have no flexibility above this.
This role will form part of a new architecture team - we are looking for a seasoned solutions architect who has a very broad experience level and who is completely vendor agnostic.
The suitable candiate will be able to work 2 days remotely - however on-site presence in Cambridge, UK will be reqiured to meet with the wider business.
Ideally you will be available tointerview and start ASAP - this role is urgent.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
· Design and lead the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
· Manage and develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with application architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.
· Provide consulting support to application architects within projects to ensure the project is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
· Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
· Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
· Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
· Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance.
· Develop a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from future to current state (as defined by the solutions architecture).
· Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
· Consult with application and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture.
· Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
If you are interested in this role - please do forward your CV, we will be in touch with all candidates who are suitbale very shortly thereafter.