SoCode are working alongside a highly innovative client working in the Wireless / Telecoms sector who have set up a new R&D Engineering facility based in Cambridge, UK.
Salary and package are entirely negotiable but will be market leading - please contact us for more information.
Our client is a rare example of an established UK-based Telcoms business who are profitable and growing their headcount and product range as they look to enter new markets and take a number of the opportunities that have presented themselves.
This opening is for a Senior / Principal Electronics Hardware Engineer with demonstrable expertise in ATEX
As a member of the hardware development team, you will be required to design, prototype and verify the performance of high quality circuitry.The work is ‘hands on’ and will include a range of different electronic design disciplines with the primary focus being on embedded circuitry for handheld radio products (RF electronics design is not required).
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Translate product requirements into circuit designs for analogue and digital handheld radio
- Identify regulatory requirements and industry standards for the certification of electrical equipment used in hazardous locations
- Ensure designs are successfully certified by accredited third-party agencies in the required time frame, with sufficient documentation to produce and maintain the design
- Perform feasibility investigations and develop prototypes
- Innovative solutions to design constraints such as size, component cost and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise effectively with colleagues in other disciplines such as the embedded firmware, PCB design and mechanical.
- Review existing circuitry and to improve performance and reduce cost
- Proactively lead debugging activities to resolve issues.
- Significant experience gained in the design of ATEX or intrinsically safe products
- An understanding of the essential requirements of ATEX certification
- Ability to design rugged, reliable and testable circuitry.
- Analogue electronics design abilities in areas such as of power supply, Li-Ion battery packs, amplifiers, filtering, discrete component design (e.g. FETs and bipolar)
- Digital electronics knowledge in areas such as microprocessors, peripheral interfacing, inter IC communications and A/D and D/A converters.
- Solid understanding of PCB grounding, tracking and layout issues.
- Confident in using laboratory test equipment and measurement taking.
- Ability to think laterally about problems and propose viable alternative solutions.
Suitable candidates can be interviewed and start work immediately, highly competitive packages will be on offer which we are happy to provide more information on over the phone.
To apply or for more information please forward me your CV by applying as soon as possible and we will be in touch.