SoCode has partnered with one of the fastest growing mobile communication companies in the world. They currently have a team of over 350 techies in Cambridge and are currently growing on a large scale after winning contracts some recent contracts in the UK and USA. They have recently reached out to us to help expand their team of talent and start work on their next generation of products.
They need a Senior and Principal Android Platform Developer to join their team. This role will offer a brilliant opportunity to be part of the early product development lifecycle, meaning that you will be a key member of their next big thing.
This main requirement of this role will be to develop and configure the android platform, creating and integrating drivers, kernel configuration and trialling open-source development tools.
Your new roles responsibilities will be:
• Android platform development, kernel configuration including modifications to the scheduler, performance optimisations and minimising latencies
• Trialling and integrating open-source development tools for debugging, profiling, code-coverage, memory leak detection etc.
• Monitoring relevant Android community mailing lists
• Responsible for writing and maintaining device drivers and low-level software components
• Prototyping of demonstration systems to generate early feedback on proposed solutions
• The production of architectural, design and test specifications
• Integration testing, investigation, and resolution of issues
• Participation in project planning and technical reviews
Essential experience for your next role:
• Significant contribution to the platform development of a commercially released product using Android
• Good understanding of the Android architecture and ecosystem (including low level and security)
• Understanding of the Android SDK and APIs (especially telecoms and networking)
• Experience optimising Android performance e.g. power management
• Experience with most of the following:
- Services (Native and/or Java)
- Framework APIs
- NDK, JNI
• Excellent knowledge of the C++ programming language in real-time multi-processor, multi-threaded, event-driven software
• Experience of developing for mobile platforms
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future and you tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. We will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation upon successfully finding them a new position.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Charles Swift at SoCode by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org