Senior Electronics Engineer
£45,000 - £55,000 Annual Salary
Benefits: 25 days annual leave (not including bank holidays), 8% pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, paid for sabbaticals, stocked kitchens, plenty of team incentives.
A Cambridge hi-tech who are working on the next generation of surgical robots, with the task of improving the success rates of live saving surgery. You’ll be an individual who genuinely wants to see their work make visible difference in the real world, working alongside more than 350 members of staff. These guys have pushed their products into market, and are now working at manufacturing stages, but with so many ambitious individuals, they’re already looking at new projects and products which will take shape over the next 6 months. As these projects come to life, it will create more opportunity for progression, in forms of people management, project management and client management.
You’ll be joining the team, where for the first 6 months you’ll assist with products going to market, and looking at any manufacturing processes that can be improved, and from there will then move to new projects where you’ll work on the initial design stages right through to production. As an electronics engineer, you’ll be designing highly integrated PCB’s which have a mixture of power, digital and analogue electronics for these state-of-the-art robotic systems. You’ll be responsible for ensuring all designs are optimised for integration with other systems components, and in addition work alongside the mechanical teams to ensure that regulatory and EMC constraints are being met. Again, as you join, you’ll be working on the later stages of projects for your first 6 months, and after that will be joining newer projects.
What you get in return
In return you’ll be working with a high growth company, allowing your role to evolve and change, giving you the opportunity to turn your hand to anything within the electronics remit. You’ll genuinely be working with some of the brightest minds, within the engineering industry in Cambridge, who will work alongside and mentor you throughout your career. You’ll receive a salary between of up to £55,000 (negotiable depending on relevance and quality of experience), you’ll receive 25 days annual leave (not including bank holidays), stocked kitchens to help yourself, an 8% non-contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance that covers the individual and their dependants, life assurance (8x salary), a sabbatical policy in which once you’ve been with the company for 6 years, you’re given 5 weeks paid leave and £2.5k to spend on travelling, and every 5 years after that. You’ll also be a part of a genuinely excellent team culture for end of sprint meet ups, BBQ’s & breakfasts.
Always the fun part, make sure to have a read of the below to ensure you’re meeting the tech criteria:
- You will have with a solid grasp of electronics engineering fundamentals and their application to real time systems
- Excellent familiarity with the circuit design process and tools used for schematic capture and circuit simulation
- Deep knowledge of analogue and digital electronic circuit design
- Good understanding of designing for manufacture and test
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with common lab test equipment
- The ability to pair rigorous attention to detail with a creative approach to problem solving
Desirable skills and experience:
- Good understanding of multi-disciplinary product design processes including requirements capture, formal change control, verification, manufacturing processes and risk analysis methods such as FMEAs
- Familiarity with designing to medical, safety and EMC standards
- Experience of designing complex FPGAs and testbenches
- Working knowledge of embedded and scripting software (C and Python)
- Experience designing electronics to meet tight electro-mechanical requirements
Call to action
Number 1: Click the little apply button (don’t worry, we’ll discuss before your CV or application goes anywhere)
Number 2: You can call for James Bokhorst on 07708899199
Number 3: You can find me on LinkedIn, trust me there’s not many people with the surname Bokhorst.