Cambridge Based Science & Technology Engineering Consultancy
Senior Electronics Engineer
£60,000 - £85,000
Private Medical, Life Assurance, Bonus
Your new organisation
A south Cambridgeshire based, medical engineering consultancy, offering services in science & technology and engineering. These guys work on new technologies quite literally every single day. They’re used to coming up with ideas and working through the whole process until the product comes to life. It’s a regular challenge, but one these guys absolutely relish in. They’re international, with offices in the UK and US. They’re a friendly bunch, and I’ve quoted them, with “one of the best things about working here, is the friendships you’ll develop”. With regular work outings, organised by their in-house social team. Many companies boast about their collaborative teams and working environments, but these lot put their money where their mouth is, by organising some truly impressive work outings to inspire collaboratives, across the multi-disciplined teams.
This is a hands-on position, where you’ll be working collaboratively on new technologies, day by day. The product development you’ll be involved with is truly end to end. You’ll be working on and designing circuits on said products. This is also a position in which you’ll take point with clientele, taking lead, reporting back and building rapport. These lot operate within the medical, industrial and consumer sectors, so rather than specifically coming from a medical background, you’ll have the pleasure of working across different industries. 60% of the project focus is within the medical space, though you’ll also see regular project work in the industrial and consumer markets. You'll also have the opportunity to either improve, or learn about project management.
What you’ll get in return
As previously mentioned, twice now, you’ll get to work on new tech every single day. You’ll be a part of one of Cambridge’s leading tech consultancies. They operate a flat structure internally, where all experienced engineers are treated in equal measure. You’ll also get bespoke training and mentoring to assist with your career growth and progression. Moving onto the benefits, the salary is up to £85,000 (which is genuinely negotiable if you’re great), life assurance up to four times salary, 25 days holiday (not including bank holidays), profit share bonus scheme starting at 5%, 5% company contribution pension scheme, free lunches on site, BUPA private medical insurance and permanent health insurance.
If you’ve read down to here, I’m hoping you’re at least somewhat interested. Now we just need to cover off the nitty gritty stuff:
• Significant experience of the full product development lifecycle, from concept through to transfer to manufacture in a lead system/electronics/embedded role
• A hands-on passion for designing both analogue and digital circuits
• Integrating off-the-shelf wireless solutions into products
• A proven track record of delivering innovation in consumer, industrial or medical fields
• Significant experience of interacting with clients or customers to identify requirements, advise on direction and produce development roadmaps
• Successfully project managed a number of small to medium sized opportunities
• A strong understanding of electronic engineering fundamentals
• Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to lead teams and mentor more junior employees
• An excellent academic record with a good university degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Call to action
Number 1: Click the little apply button (don’t worry, we’ll discuss before your CV or application goes anywhere)
Number 2: You can call for James Bokhorst on 07708899199
Number 3: You can find me on LinkedIn, trust me there’s not many people with the surname Bokhorst.