SoCode are recruiting on behalf of one of our Exclusive clients based in Cambourne on the outskirts of Cambridge.
This is a new role within an existing QA function of 18 and will be a stand alone Test Developer / Developer in Test role with a view to building a team of Test Developers moving forward.
Our client offers a good work life balance with flexible working, easy and free parking and excellent modern facilities. Their business is booming and they have completed 2 successful acquisitions recently of their competitors within their sector. Reporting to the VP of QA, you will be required to build a test harness from scratch to test SDKs and APIs.
- Design, develop, and continuously improve, fit-for-purpose automated tests, tools and harnesses.
- Validate the configurations, functionality, and system characteristics of SDKs, and applications derived from them.
- Analyse and report on test progress, status and performance metrics, in formats suitable to varying audiences.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and confirm software defects; collaborating with Development to ensure root causes are uncovered.
- Conduct Test Escape Analyses as and when required.
- Actively participate in planning sessions, providing task definitions, work breakdowns and effort estimations.
- Translate user-based stories and acceptance criteria into test automation-ready test cases, working with Product Owners to improve acceptance criteria.
- Feedback improvement suggestions on the SDKs’ Documentation.
Essential skills, experience and disposition:
- 5+ years’ experience validating and verifying software, with particular focus on testing of SDKs, APIs, and derived applications, on various platforms (Windows, Linux, MacOS)
- Experience implementing SDK test automation frameworks from scratch.
- Excellent understanding and experience of Black-Box and White-Box testing techniques.
- Agile concepts and development e.g. Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD
For more information or to apply - please forward your CV via this advert and we will be in touch immediately with all suitable applicants.