SoCode are looking for a Product Designer for our client, a Global Investment Bank who are building a new UK Digital Bank from scratch. This is one of the most high profile and scaled programs in the FinTech community globally and has attracted 500 of the best technologists in the UK.
You'll be working in an un-resource constrained start-up environment, with modern inspirational leadership who have all come from leading positions in global tech giants.
We are looking for a profoundly engaged experience designer to join us. In this role, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, planners and researchers committed to designing products and services for customers.
This role requires a deep understanding of experience design for digital products and services with a focus on mobile. A balanced understanding of strategy, research, interaction and motion/visual design is a must.
The successful candidate will be:
- Passionate about creating customer focused product design.
- Experienced in creating design using input from user research, competitor analysis, business requirements and data.
- Desonsteating a deep understanding of experience design for digital products and services with a focus on mobile
- Able to both see the bigger picture and dive into specific details.
- Passionate about financial services and user centred design. You have experience designing and/or implementing solutions for consumer-focused products/ services.
- Able to follow design guidelines, use design systems and other best practices as well as production knowledge of the delivery process for mobile products built for iOS and Android platforms..
- Experienced in using diverse set of methods & tools
Your responsibilties will be:
- Work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, product designer, technologists and business experts to create new products and services.
- Collaborate with design team members and other stakeholders to identify new opportunities and design that create value for customers.
- Use customers insights and data to inform the user experience
- Creating and delivering high-quality design outcomes like concepts, user journeys, wireframes, UI flows and detailed UI design
- Deliver design outcomes to stakeholders in a timely manner and efficient execution
- Creating interactive prototypes and participating in usability research to iterate and refine your designs
- Proactively contribute to design systems and other design toolkits.
- Working closely with leads to ensure deliverables are consistent with the overall design systems
- Working closely with other disciplines to understand and provide feedback to design context and research
- Providing accurate estimation of tasks and help with prioritization
- Present design and communicate work to team members and stakeholders
- Having a deep understanding of the business drivers behind the product goals
- 4+ years hands on experience in roles as product/ UX designer, across multiple devices and platforms (UX/UI of mobile + web applications, experience with consumer applications preferred)
- A Strong portfolio
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs and data
- Effective communication of design solutions across roles & levels
- Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies, and their application and relevance to digital experiences
- Proven understanding of mobile application design and screen development. Expertise knowledge in the iOS and Android platforms is a plus.
- Prototyping skills across a variety of mediums and needs: on paper and other digital methods
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and other design tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience
As a leading investment bank, our client is not price sensitive and will want to find the best person for the job. As such, a very genrous salary of £70,000 to £110,000 will be on offer + an industry leading package, pension and bonus scheme.
Still Reading? Here are the Next Steps.....
CVs for suitable candidates will be contacted immediately - to apply, please forward your CV via this advert and a SoCode Consultant will be in touch.