Job title: Principal Electronics Engineer
Location: Greater Cambridge
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
SoCode Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with a market leading hardware company based in Cambridge. The products you will be working on are used in labs, R&D and commercial businesses the world over, and are vital in producing high quality results, data and measurements across many industries.
They are seeking a Principal Electronics Engineer to lead and develop the engineering team, reviewing and modify existing designs and provide methodical innovation using the ISO9001 framework. This is an exciting opportunity to be the most senior electronics engineer in the business, providing vital input to the senior leadership team and having a tangible impact on the business by assuming ultimate responsibility for decision making around hardware and components.
Some of the things you’ll be involved in (not limited to)…
- Oversee design and development of new electronics platforms (Digital and Analogue)
- Ownership of key decisions around hardware and components
- Develop the team of electronics engineers who will be working as part of your team
- Liaise with other onsite departments to provide continuous feedback and improvement
- Ensure the team work methodically to improve the field failure rate of devices as the business scales
You will have the following skills and experience…
- Extensive experience working with High Voltage power supplies
- Real world experience improving the design of high volume electronic hardware, leading to tangible impact on the business such as lower field failure rates, cost savings or other benefits.
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of signal processing, digital electronics and FPGAs
- Experience managing a small team and develop junior engineers
- Comfortable with PCB design using industry-standard software; any experience of Mentor Graphics VX would be a plus
- Able to quickly and efficiently understand complex hardware schematics and diagrams
SoCode Recruitment are a dedicated team of specialist recruitment consultants who cover the Cambridge Technology market. We have a dedicated consultant for each division, and we cover all aspects of technology, from Software Development and Testing to Senior Appointments and business support roles.