Job title: Principal CPU Design Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
SoCode Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with a market leading semiconductor company based in Cambridge. The components you will be working have a huge range of applications, from use in personal devices like phones and computers through to autonomous driving vehicles and IOT appliances.
They are seeking a principal CPU verification engineer to join their new CPU design team. You will be working with an incredibly talented team of engineers to expand the companies CPU IP development from internal use to support an extensive portfolio offering highly competitive CPUs. You will work on cutting edge designs, working on the foundations of best-in-class computer chips, and have significant impact on the future success of the team and wider business.
Some of the things you’ll be involved in (not limited to)…
- Be a key member of the hardware design team, taking responsibility for the design activities of complex CPU micro-architecture components
- Drive the feasibility investigations of new micro-architectures
- Leading the planning and technical delivery of a small team
- Review existing CPU designs; influence and advance the companies CPU design methodology
- Contribute to the team shared knowledge; be able to coach and mentor junior engineers
You will have the following skills and experience…
- Proven track record of ownership and delivery of high-quality, low-power complex micro-architecture implementations
- Expert knowledge of ASIC design and physical implementation methodologies, flows and tools
- Have significant experience in RTL design optimisation techniques
- Experience in leading small/mid-sized teams
- Have a working knowledge of formal verification, SystemVerilog and UVM
SoCode Recruitment are a dedicated team of specialist recruitment consultants who cover the Cambridge Technology market. We have a dedicated consultant for each division, and we cover all aspects of technology, from Software Development and Testing to Senior Appointments and business support roles.