Hardware Team Lead
£65,000 - £70,000 Annual Salary
Benefits: 8 – 10% bonus, 10% pension, 28 days annual leave, private healthcare & health insurance
Previously a Cambridge Tech Start-up, who shot off, and have become a high-profile tech business, based in some of the most beautiful offices you’ll ever see for a modern work - space. They’re based a stone’s throw away from Cambridge train station, with ease of access. This company is responsible for millions of people’s hardware information, so as you can imagine the complexity of some of their software is impressive. They’re recruiting into their hardware team, offering work with some of the most high-speed digital design, you’ll come across in the tech space.
Working in the high-speed digital design team, you’ll be a key part in the design, implementation, test and review of new hardware designs and in maintaining the company’s existing high-quality security product hardware platforms. You’ll take responsibility for supporting and leading engineers within the hardware team, across different projects. You’ll provide architectural input in developing the product roadmap and ensuring solutions meet the future requirements for the company’s products, this will include regularly working on prototypes, integrating and demonstrating hardware platforms as part of system demos.
What you get in return
This is a high-tech business, offering global opportunity and an impressive work environment to boot. The structure of this team, is pretty fluid, meaning there’s no glass ceiling, and plenty of requirements at the senior end for you to grow into. The salary is up to £65,000, an 8 – 10 % bonus, 10% pension, 28 days holiday (not including bank holidays), health insurance and private healthcare.
Always the fun part, make sure to have a read of the below to ensure you’re meeting the tech criteria:
- at least 2+ years of demonstrable experience leading the design of high-performance embedded systems
- at least 7+ years of demonstrable experience of high-speed digital design on high performance embedded systems
- experience developing products with 32- or 64-bit processors, DSP's, FPGA's, ASSP's and high speed memory devices
- the ability to analyse complex technical problems and offer innovative, reasoned and practical solutions to demanding requirements
- experience with high speed interface technologies, DDR3, 4, LP, PCIe, SAS, 10G Ethernet
- experience with microcontroller development and efficient low power design techniques
- extensive experience of professional ECAD systems – ideally Altium
- appreciation of the fundamentals of analogue, RF, electro-mechanical and mechanical engineering
- experience of signal integrity analysis, design for EMC, safety and relevant regulatory standards
- experience of design for manufacture, test and support
- good understanding of Engineering standards and processes
- able to achieve at least Baseline Security Clearance
- ideally, experience of design and implementation of hardware architectures for security products
- ideally, an appreciation of developing physical tamper solutions, including security analyses
- excellent verbal and written communication
- experience working in an Agile development team, experience of Agile at scale (e.g. SAFe)
Call to action
Number 1: Click the little apply button (don’t worry, we’ll discuss before your CV or application goes anywhere)
Number 2: You can call for James Bokhorst on 07708899199
Number 3: You can find me on LinkedIn, trust me there’s not many people with the surname Bokhorst.