Hardware Design Engineer
Contract – 6 Months Rolling
£350 – £400 Per Day
A security tech company, offering solutions to sensitive information in the information technology space, based in some of the most beautiful offices you’ll ever see for a modern work - space. This a company responsible for millions of people’s hardware information, so as you can imagine the complexity of some of their software is impressive. You’ll be working with complex tech, giving people the chance to explore varied career paths in a challenging and rewarding organisation.
You’ll be a key part in the design, implementation, test and review of new hardware designs and in maintaining the company’s existing high-quality security product hardware platforms. You’ll provide architectural input in developing the product roadmap and ensuring solutions meet the future requirements for the company’s products, this will include regularly working on prototypes, integrating and demonstrating hardware platforms as part of system demos.
What you get in return
You’ll be working with an international organisation, based in some truly amazing offices. As the team continue to grow, they want you to have a rewarding and varied career path, and so are open to allowing you to move into different industries or parts of the business, placing real emphasis on internal promotions. The salary is up to £60,000, an 8 – 10 % bonus, 10% pension, 28 days holiday (not including bank holidays) flexi working, health insurance and private healthcare.
- Demonstrable experience of high-speed digital design on high performance embedded systems
- Experience developing products with 32- or 64-bit processors, DSP's, FPGA's, ASSP's and high-speed memory devices
- The ability to analyse complex technical problems and offer innovative, reasoned and practical solutions to demanding requirements
- Experience with high speed interface technologies, DDR3, 4, LP, PCIe, SAS, 10G Ethernet
- Experience with microcontroller development and efficient low power design techniques
- Appreciation of the fundamentals of analogue, RF, electro-mechanical and mechanical engineering
- Experience of signal integrity analysis, design for EMC, safety and relevant regulatory standards
- Experience of design for manufacture, test and support
- Experience of professional ECAD systems – ideally Altium
- Good understanding of Engineering standards and processes
- Able to achieve at least Baseline Security Clearance
- Ideally, experience of design and implementation of hardware architectures for security products
- Ideally, an appreciation of developing physical tamper solutions, including security analyses
Call to action
Number 1: Click the little apply button (don’t worry, we’ll discuss before your CV or application goes anywhere)
Number 2: You can call for James Bokhorst on 07708899199
Number 3: You can find me on LinkedIn, trust me there’s not many people with the surname Bokhorst.