SoCode are recruiting a new role for our client - a major global semiconductor company who are looking to build an entirely new team focussed on Vulkan Graphical Software Engineering.
In an innovation led environment you'll be creating the graphics and AI chips that are at the core of your favourite electronic products - you'll be working on devices for smartphones, smart TVs, drones and self-driving cars. We need your skills to help us continue to deliver technology that will impress the industry and our customers alike, ensuring that people everywhere can enjoy smarter and faster tech than ever before.
- Design and develop Vulkan SC graphics drivers for current and next-generation graphics cores
- Get involved in all aspects of the development cycle, from requirements, through design, implementation and testing
- Support customers and their partners in bringing new products to market
- Cooperate with customers and industry partners
- Perform performance analysis and driver optimisations to get the most out of our graphics IP
- Excellent C / C++ programming skills
- In-depth knowledge of Vulkan and modern 3D graphics
- GPU driver design and development background
- A good understanding of computer architecture (CPU, Cache, MMU, Memory, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude
- Low-level programming experience
You might also have
- Experience in developing software against safety and quality standards
- Experience in writing C code whilst following coding guidelines
- Experience working in a Scrum development team
- An aptitude for vector mathematics
This role is mainly remote (UK based) but our client has several UK Wide offices you could work in if required.
To apply or for more information please forward your CV and we'll be in touch with all suitable candidates.