Job title: Embedded Software Architect
Location: Northeast London
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £70,000 - £85,000
Start Date: ASAP
SoCode Recruitment are seeking an Embedded Software Architect to work with a highly successful London based company that are developing technology that enables reliable connection on the move.
You will lead a team to design, build and implement and oversee software development efforts by proposing software architecture and an associated development roadmap.
You will be involved in the following:
- Compliance of aircraft certification regulations.
- Production of the software definition documentation.
- Deliver a modular software architecture for the satcom terminals and ensure their compatibility with aircraft and satellite modem interface standards, as well as with future software products of the company.
- Provide the requirements set applicable to the verification, validation & test activities.
- Determination of the test plan associated to the software designs.
- Contribute to product road-mapping efforts in the software area of the company.
- Initiate new ideas to increase the value of the technology developed.
- Has 8+ years of experience in software development within either aeronautics, automotive or other high-tech industry
- Experience leading a software team developing software for embedded systems.
- Has strong background in computer science coupled with industrial and certification centric industries such as aerospace or automotive sectors.
- Can quickly adapt to complex and challenging environments.
- Confident in leading a software Team developing embedded software for SoC based processor architectures.
- Experienced in development of real-time applications.
- Familiarity with software design process including – (MIL-STD-498/DO-178 / SDLC / ECSS-E-ST-40) from requirements to delivery and testing.
- Familiarity with DO-178 especially DAL C/D.
- Methodology - Waterfall, V, Rad, Scrum or Agile.
- Familiarity with engineering life cycle models (e.g. one or more LCM/NASA Systems Engineering Handbook/ECSS-E-ST-10/DO-254 / MIL-STD-490A).
- Software interface designing and design decomposition methods (Cohesion and Coupling).
- Writing the verification cross reference matrix and using tools to perform this task.
- Knowledge of software development languages such as C/C++/Java/Python.
- Familiarity with both Functional Programming and Object Orientated Programming.
- Familiar with TRL and SRL especially as defined in ISO 16290
- Familiarity with using DOORS or an equivalent.
- Familiarity with SysML/UML MBSE Design Methodologies.
- A 2:1 degree or better in a numerate / computer science related subject
- Familiarity with algorithms development
- Familiarity with antenna or electromagnetic modelling
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV to Thomas@socode.co.uk
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring the provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with a thank you present to show our appreciation.