Desktop Support Engineer
Location: Central London
Salary: 35 - 40K (Permanent)
Are you an inspiring desktop support engineer looking for a role with a leading global blue-chip software company based in London? My client hosts over 50 years of innovation working with 16,000 customers worldwide. My client is looking for an individual who will follow excellent process steps and provide support to execute high priority projects. The successful applicant will have a strong hardware technical ability and firm understanding of software support.
- Manage through to conclusion all escalated helpdesk support incidents
- Prioritise locally assigned tickets based on companies SLA’s
- Ensure effective and efficient support is delivered to all company’s user base including remote support.
- Act as an escalation point for incidents that can’t be resolved by standard companies agreed process within hardware, software and network communications.
- Provide user-based training where applicable.
- Essential that you’re a methodical planner and adhere to companies’ processes
- Log important documentation correctly and provide technical excellence
- My client has a Microsoft first approach supplemented by applications from other vendors to meet specific business needs
- 5 + years’ experience in 1st line and 2nd line support
- Excellent technical IT knowledge on hardware such as desktops, Laptops Hardware
- Provide a high level of customer service and a confident communicator.
- Demonstrate advanced troubleshooting and configuration knowledge of windows server & desktop operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of utilities, office 365 & MS back office applications, business applications, database, Anti-Virus and Backups.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange, Hyper-V/VMWare vCenter/Other virtualisation Technologies, MS System Centre.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN/SAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, Switching, VPN, Firewall - Checkpoint, Wireless, Fibre Channel/iSCSI, VOIP.
- Configuration of Server Hardware, Network Appliance, Cisco Switches/Routers, Brocade, desktop/laptop/tablet hardware.
- Application Packaging, VB Script/Windows Scripting/PowerShell, Unified Communications, Skype for Business / MS Teams, Database Operations (SQL Server/Oracle).
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position please don’t hesitate and get in touch with us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become
part of this company’s future please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 07395283902.