Data Scientist (Deep Learning)- London- Permanent- £50k-£70k
My start-up client in London has the main aim of making the fake news we see every day a thing of the past. The are an organisation with a clear vision, a solid method and strong backing to make sure their goals are realised- what they now need is 2 confident, self-starting Data Scientists to join them on this journey.
- Research and develop scalable and effective machine-learning techniques for (fake) news classification.
- Validate the effectiveness of solutions on different tasks and sets of data.
- Coordinate with different team members to define strategy of data collection, processing and learning.
- Develop core technology.
- Mine and analyze large dataset to assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data collection techniques.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields.
Expert knowledge of:
- Data mining / machine learning techniques for supervised, semi-supervised and unsupervised learning (i.e. DNNs, CNNs, RNNs, SVMs, clustering...).
- Signal Processing (Filtering, sampling...).
- Probability & Statistics in general.
- Algorithms and programming techniques (sorting, hashing, map-reduce...).
- Scientific languages and learning frameworks (strong knowledge of Python, experience with TensorFlow is a plus).
Hands-on experience of:
- General-purpose programming languages (C, C++, Java…).
- Web-technologies (HTML, CSS, REST...).
- Databases and querying (MySQL, XPath...).
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing and Network Science is not required but is a plus.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org