Build and Release Engineer – up to £65,000
SoCode are delighted to be recruiting for a Build and Release Engineer for a prestigious semi-conductor company based in north Cambridge with a specialism within the virtual reality sector.
Your new role is due to the continued growth and substantial success the company has had over the last few years. They now require a Build and Tools Engineer to own and improve their build systems. You will be working to improve the tool chain and making the department more effective at defining and coordinating work.
You will have hands on experience within a variety of build systems and should expect exposure to many operating systems. As the development strategy continues to adapt continuous integration is essential, especially when communicating any architectural changes to stakeholders, so we will be expecting you to be part of the automation team to facilitate delivery and best practice.
You will have worked with continuous build processes such as Jenkins and CruiseControl and have familiarity with a range of development environments and tool chains such as Visual Studio, XCode, Android Studio, GNU. You will also have experience of build automation tools such as SCons and make-based tools, as well as experience in developing and debugging automated hardware test systems. It would be desirable for you have used GIT / Subversion and have demonstrable experience on continuous delivery while will involve analysis, solving and optimising of tool chains.
It would also be desirable but not essential to have:
- Experience of full end to end tool chain: code -> builds -> automated tests
- Use of virtualised environments
- Familiarity of data replication techniques between geographically isolated sites
- Experience working in an Agile environment, along with a Systems Development Life Cycle to deliver changes that affect the efficiency of multiple users
- Use of static and dynamic analysis tools such as Valgrind, CppCheck, Pylint
- Experience using Python in a toolchain environment
- Some knowledge about code architecture and an ability to express it
- Some knowledge of C++ (including C++ 11)
- Some knowledge of Java build automation systems such as Gradle or Maven
- Some knowledge of cloud-based build services
Please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode for further information. You can contact us by emailing: Bradleigh@socode.co.uk