A leading semiconductor company with locations in Oxford, Reading and Cambridge, as part of their ongoing expansion, is looking to strengthen their RF, Analogue and mixed-signal IC design team, by recruiting a Analog & Mixed Signal Design Engineer.
If you believe yourself to be self-motivated, with a sound understanding of design principles, and 3 to 10 years’ experience in analogue or mixed-signal ASIC/SoC development or have recently been awarded a PhD in a related IC design subject then keep reading!
As the Analog & Mixed Signal Design Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Detailed design and simulation of high accuracy analogue/mixed signal IC blocks – e.g. references, amplifiers, filters, DAC/ADC, sensor interfaces, power management, synthesizers building blocks, high voltage driver and sense circuits etc. – as well as the higher-level integration of these blocks.
- Full involvement in circuit design flow from definition and specification to production/IP delivery
- IC design peer reviewing
- Top level IC/SoC analogue/mixed-signal performance and functional verification
- Supervision of circuit physical implementation
- Involvement with system design and modelling
- Involvement in silicon evaluation and test
- Working with a multi-disciplined SoC design teams: including digital, software, production, test and application engineers.
Essential skill and experience needed:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or related discipline, relevant Analogue/Mixed-Signal IC design MSc or PhD preferred
- Experience in Analogue/Mixed Signal schematic design in CMOS. Low power or high voltage expertise preferred.
- 3 years of experience design in analogue/mixed signal circuits, specifically in one or more the following areas:
- Data converters
- Synthesizer building blocks and oscillators
- Filters and amplifiers o High speed serial interfaces
- Power management building blocks in low voltage deep submicron CMOS: DC-DC convertors, regulators, references etc.
- High voltage drivers and sensing circuits in BCD technologies
- Experience in custom IC layout and physical implementation
- Demonstrable experience of full IC/SoC design cycle from definition to volume production;
- Ideally in custom ASIC products in industrial or automotive applications or standardised products meeting requirements such as NFC, HDMI, USB etc.
- Experienced in CAD tools:
- Cadence Virtuoso Platform: RF, analogue and AMS simulation, ADE-XL/Explorer/Assembler, Spectre/SpectreRF/AMS. Layout XL
- Mentor AFS & Calibre PeX
- Linux, version control/SVN, Office
- System design and modelling: Matlab, Octave
- Hands on knowledge of Analogue/Mixed signal IC evaluation and test
- Up to date on AMS IC design techniques and methodologies
The following skills are advantageous but not essential:
- Knowledge or experience in Analogue/Mixed signal IP delivery, instrumentation signal processing, DSP, CMOS process/PDK development, production test
- Experience in RFIC design in silicon technologies
- Experience in EM simulation & mmWave IC circuit design in silicon technologies
Location: Oxford, Reading or Cambridge
Benefits: Excellentworking environment, flexible working, matched contribution pension scheme, subsidised private healthcare scheme, life assurance, and share options scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email Shannen at email@example.com
If you find this opportunity interesting but perhaps not for you, please do share it with others who may be interested.