SoCode are working in partnership with one of Cambridge’s most exciting start up Software Houses for their appointment of a new Software Engineering Director.
Our client has created a new and industry changing SAAS product using innovative technology. They are entering an exciting phase of their growth which will involve a significant scale-up of their operations. As a result of this growth - a new role has been created for a Software Engineering Director within the business. Reporting directly into the CTO and CEO, the Engineering Director will form part of the Senior Management Team and take ownership of the day to day running of the Engineering remit.
This is a hands-off management role – as such, suitable candidates should have experience of leading teams, inspiring, motivating and managing people ideally within a B2B Start Up / Scale Up environment. The Engineering team currently stands at 8 permanent staff of various levels of experience, this is planned to grow to 12-14 by the end of 2020.
This role will be Full-Time, based in Cambridge UK. Suitable candidates should be able to display strong previous experience in the below areas:
Key Skills & Experience:
The Software Engineering Director’s principal responsibility will be the management for the Software Engineering and Data Engineering teams within the business.
- Coaching & Mentoring of Engineers
- Day to Day Management & Appraisal of Engineers
- Ensuring Learning and Development & Career Progression for Engineers
- Motivating & Inspiring the Engineering Function
- Recruitment of New Staff.
Project & Process Management:
- Previous Experience/Exposure to Project Management
- Accountability for Delivery Deadlines
- Agile Development Experience
- Continuous Improvement Mindset.
In return – our client will offer the following package:
- Competitive Basic Salary (Dependant on Experience)
- Generous Share Option Allocation
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25d Holiday+ Bank Holidays
For more information or to apply – please forward your CV via this advert and we’ll be in touch with all suitable candidates to discuss this opportunity further.
At SoCode we offer a very attractive referral scheme. If you have friends, colleagues or family who may be interested in opportunities in the Cambridge, Technology market please do refer them. If we find them a new position we’ll send you a present to show our appreciation.