Software Engineer – Environmental Technology – IOT
£40,000 - £60,000 depending on experience
South Cambridge – Can offer 2 / 3 Days remote.
We have partnered with a multi award winning company who has trusted us to find them 2 environmentally passionate software developers. With the installation of 2 million smart city sensors, they have been able to massively reduce the carbon footprint of cities from the UK to the USA and further. Their flagship product integrates additional smart city sensor applications to give city management the insight into the data that they need to create a greener and safer city.
If you are a developer who wants to work on next generation environmental technology this role is for you. They are looking for motivated and passionate software engineers with skills in Java and databases to develop server-side software that enables cities and operators to work more efficiently.
- Programming languages in web applications such as:
- Java, C, Python
- Understanding in Database technology
- Familiar with performance and optimal code
- Welcomes agile methodologies such as scrum and devops
- Knowledge security requirements of Wed Application Software
- Use of Atlassian toolset – Jira, Bamboo, Confluence – for CI / CD
- Debugging experience and maintaining code previous written by others
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring the provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with a thank you present to show our appreciation.