Senior NPI Engineer | Digital Communication | Cambridge | £45-50k
A group that work in the design manufacturing and supply of digital communication products for mission critical communication. They’re based a short distance for Cambridge North and are currently looking for multiple engineers due to a recent win on a project. The work they provide is largely within the public services domain, with the tech they work on, being relied on in life or death scenarios. The work environment can be full on, with an expectation of delivery, though the management team do as much to relieve some of that pressure by allowing half days on Friday’s and working in spacious and modern working environments.
- Owning the mechanical, electronic and support aspects of introducing new product development into the supply chain.
- Working on new product development projects ensuring that the supply chain and sub-contract manufacturers are prepared to produce in high volume and at the correct level of quality.
- Defining rules for Design for Manufacture and Assembly - confirming that the PCB and Mechanical designs are appropriate for the manufacturing techniques and cost effective.
- Managing prototype builds (ensuring logistics of key parts are in control, build plans are in place, production lines are prepared and any issues are recorded)
- Supporting root cause analysis of prototype build issues down to mechanical product design or assembly issues and suggesting/implementing corrective actions
- NPI/Manufacturing/Production/Process Engineer with electro-mechanical product manufacturing experience
- Significant experience of end to end NPI process, from project concept through to production ramp
- Good understanding of electro-mechanical production processes
- Knowledge of medium to high volume product assembly and test
What you get in return:
In return, you’ll be working on technology which will make a visible difference in the real world. They can offer a salary between £45,000 to 50,000, with a modern working environment, and half days on a Friday.
Call to action
Number 1: Click the little apply button (don’t worry, we’ll discuss before your CV or application goes anywhere)
Number 2: You can email me at email@example.com
Number 3: You can find me on LinkedIn (Louis Plevin), trust me there’s not many people with the surname Plevin