SoCode are looking for an HPC/Cloud DevOps Engineer for our client - a well known SemiConductor based in the heart of Cambridge's Technology Community on the Cambridge Science Park. We're looking for someone with a wide and diverse skillset to work closely with Engineers to ensure the Infrastructure they rely on is superb.
You'll be experienced and thrive in an autonomous environment where you'll be working mainly on your own - making the key decisions and working with international stakeholders. You'll be the POC on site for 250+ people.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Strong programming skills (Python, Perl, Java, etc.)
- Extremely strong knowledge of Linux & Ansible configuration management
- Strong background with administering & querying SQL & noSQL
- Strong Experience with Git, SVN, NetApp, AWS & AngularJS is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment; cross-site and cross-time zones
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Documentation and presentation skills
- Bachelors of Science (MS is a plus) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Build infrastructure, High reliability, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipeline, Makefile,
- SCM: Subversion/Git/Continuous Integration: Jenkins
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows Server
- Private Cloud Administration: (Lab/Datacenter/Ware)
- Web servers: Apache httpd, Apache Tomcat, NGINX
- Programming/Scripting Languages: Any object oriented languages, Python, Shell
- Build Tools: Makefile, GCC
- Automation: REST API, Cloud formation
Our client will be offering a package in the range of £60,000 - £80,000 for the right candidate, and would consider Perm/Contract options.
To apply - please forward your CV and we'll be in touch with all suitable candidates.