Mechanical Team Lead | Printing | Cambridge | £55-65k
We are currently working with a hi-tech capital equipment manufacturer, based on the outskirts of Cambridge, in their search for a Mechanical Team Lead. This organisation is long established and boasts an engineering team who have trained at some of the world's leading universities. The business has pivoted in the last 18 months to focus on NPD and production improvements.
As the team lead you will be responsible and accountable for the technical output of the Mechanical Team while remaining hands on and review designs and manage the technical aspects. You will also work across the full development lifecycle, from technical specification through design, build, test and validation, to commercial release, production and customer.
You will be leading and growing the Mechanical Team’s capability to support development projects through recruitment, mentoring and training.
Key Experience Needed:
- Solid people management, mentoring and training experience.
- Minimum degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of CAD systems, preferably Solidworks.
- Solid experience of mechanical design for interfacing to electrical and pneumatic components.
- Solid experience of designing and building mechanical parts and assemblies for mixed technology equipment in a manufacturing company
So, if you like the ad, or you’d at least like to know some more, what’s next? You have 3 options….
- Number 1: Click the little apply button (don’t worry, we’ll discuss before your CV or application goes anywhere)
- Number 2: Email me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Number 3: You can find me on LinkedIn, trust me there’s not many people with the surname Plevin