An opportunity has arisen to join a market leading and progressive company as a Mechanical Design Authority, Our client deliver's a market leading electromechanical product where quality of design is key at all stages.
This role will see you operating in both a hands on capacity, as well as working alongside the projects team to ensure that the mechanical design is effectively considered at all stages.
As such, the successful candidate will be an experienced design engineer who has worked on electromechanical and injection moulded products, with proven experience of offering technical leadership.
You will be rewarded with flexible working hours, and a fantastic office location working with one of the most well respected teams in the Cambridge area.
Requirements for application:
- Design of designing fine tolerance injection moulded products
- Experienced in designing for electromechanical products
- Happy to take the technical lead on projects
- Full product development lifecycle experience, including skill in areas such as DFMA
- Design for medium to high volume manufacture
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present to peers and senior management
- Experienced in CAD design - Creo is preferable, but other design packages are also fine
- Experience of Instrinsically Safe design
- An understanding of continuous improvement
- Design and test for rugged environmental conditions
- Pro-Engineer Creo (though SolidWorks or similar is acceptable
Immediate interviews are available, as are immediate starts, although notice periods are expected and will cause no problem.