Mechanical Design Engineer | Printing | Cambridge | £45-50k
We are currently working with a hi-tech capital equipment manufacturer, based on the outskirts of Cambridge, in their search for a Mechanical Design Engineer. This organisation is long established and boasts an engineering team who have trained at some of the world's leading universities. The business has pivoted in the last 18 months to focus on NPD and production improvements.
This role requires experience and skills across the full development lifecycle; from technical specification through design and verification, and into product integration and production. This role requires a candidate capable of delivering highly robust and thoroughly tested mechanical design solutions as well as one capable of leading mechanical development on new product development projects.
Key Skills Needed:
- Liaise closely with the Project Manager and Project Team, identifying design requirements: function, reliability, cost, serviceability, and ensure the design integrates correctly
- Experienced Solidworks user
- To produce bills of materials specifying bought out components and their source of supply
- more than five years product development and manufacture experience, preferably in a multidisciplinary manufacturing environment
- Experience of mechanisms, fluid handling, drives, jigs, fixtures, sheet metal, pneumatics, and safe machine design
So, if you like the ad, or you’d at least like to know some more, what’s next? You have 3 options….
- Number 1: Click the little apply button (don’t worry, we’ll discuss before your CV or application goes anywhere)
- Number 2: Email me directly on email@example.com
- Number 3: You can find me on LinkedIn, trust me there’s not many people with the surname Plevin