Linux IT Support Engineer – Permanent - Cambridge- up to £35,000 plus on call allowance
SoCode is partnered with an exciting client, using cutting edge AI technology to solve key business problems. They are a fast-growing UK-based company located in Cambridge and have a Global client portfolio.
You will be working within a well-established, positive and friendly team providing Linux and application support. A successful candidate would need to provide a quality driven service and excellent customer care and support, in return you will be provided with excellent training and progression.
- Linux and applications support
- First point of contact for system support queries and issues
- Work with system engineers and IT operations to coordinate and troubleshoot tickets to completion
- Carry out daily and weekly maintenance of key IT infrastructure
- Auditing duties and ensure all systems are secure, stable and optimised
- Work with other teams to deliver sprint commitments and objectives
- Ensure reporting docs and system planning tools are accurate and up to date
- You will be a key link with VIP users, so you will to keep them updated of customer maintenance, issues and updates on troubleshooting.
- Experience of supporting Linux operating systems
- Basic understanding of MySQL (or similar)
- Exposure to Web / SaaS applications
- Knowledge of agile working practices
- Critical thinker and excellent problem-solving skills
- Good and proven communication skills both written and verbally
Desired Skills and Experience (Or if you don’t have you will be trained on)
- Scripting such as Bash or Python
- Understanding and exposure of Python & PHP programming languages
- Used Jira or Target Process
- Usage of Bitbucket or equivalent tool
There is a shift pattern with this role:
- 8am to 4pm
- 10am to 6pm
- 1pm to 9pm (at 4.30pm you can go and work remotely from home)
You will also receive an on call allowance of £200 per month for one week on call per month
Salary £30,000 - £35,000 plus on call allowance
Benefits Private medical insurance, Salary life assurance, Income protection, Free office parking, 25 days paid holiday.
Please apply today to Ross Haydon (firstname.lastname@example.org / 01223 620870) to discuss the role and client in more detail
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme. If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us.