IT Support Engineer
SoCode is partnered with an exciting and interesting client based in Cambridge, with a variety of clients in many sectors to improve and support systems through the AWS services. You will be working in a fast-paced environment with limited bureaucracy and the freedom to experiment with new technologies.
You will be working within a positive and driven friendly team to ensure that the environments are scalable, resilient and secure. Providing 1st line support and working with System engineers and IT operations reporting directly to the Companies Head of IT.
- First point of contact for system support quires and issues. Triage tickets with Jira based service desk.
- Work with system engineers and IT operations to coordinate and trouble shoot assignments and ticket completion,
- Support, monitor maintain and continuously improve the hosted Cloud environments,
- Carry out daily, weekly maintenance and auditing duties and ensure all systems are secure, stable and optimised,
- Work with other teams to deliver sprint commitments and objectives,
- Ensure reporting docs and system planning tools are accurate and up to date.,
- Be a key link with other users and ensure they are informed and updated on customer maintenance, issues and troubleshooting.
- Basic scripting skills and experience in Bash, Python or PowerShell.
- 1+ year(s) AWS admin skills in VPC, IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, CloudFront Route 53, EC2.
- 1+ year(s) OF Linux (CentOS 6 and 7) System admin experience in IT support.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Microsoft Window Server Skills.
- 3-tier architecture experience in highly available environments.
- Log management experience such as Splunk or Sumo Logic or other Tools.
- Technical skills in virtualisation and networking.
- Containerisations/ Kubernetes/Fargate/ECS/Docker.
- AWS WAF, CloudFront firewall manager, site-shield.
- Experience in Agile working environment.
Salary £25,000 - £40,000
Benefits Personal performance bonus, Private medical insurance, Health Cash Plan, Salary life assurance, Income protection, Free office parking and Bike to Work Scheme, 25 days paid holiday.
Please apply today to Ross Haydon (email@example.com / 01223 620870) to discuss the role and client in more detail
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme. If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us.