Lead Mechanical Design Engineer | £80,000 pa | Cambridge
A group that work in the design manufacturing and supply of digital communication products for mission critical communication. They’re based a short distance for Cambridge North and are currently looking for a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer due to a recent win on a project. The work they provide is largely within the public services domain, with the tech they work on, being relied on in life or death scenarios. The work environment can be full on, with an expectation of delivery, though the management team do as much to relieve some of that pressure by allowing half days on Friday’s and working in spacious and modern working environments.
As a Lead Mechanical Design engineer, you will be working across departments and be involved from client brief through to manufacture. As the subject matter expert, you will lead on all mechanical design concepts and ensure they fulfil all functional and non-functional requirements of the customer specification. The Technical Lead will display a breadth of mechanical engineering knowledge and be able to lead projects
- At least 5 years proven industry experience in an equivalent role
- Self-starter with ability to demonstrate a mechanical technical leadership within a multidisciplinary product development environment
- Broad experience of mechanical engineering product development for electronic devices with complex mechanical packaging
- Experience partnering with senior stakeholders to ensure product designs fulfil functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience of specifying technical requirements and taking a lead role in delivering against these requirements
What you get in return:
You’ll be in a modern workspace, with an on-site cafeteria. You’ll also receive private medical & dental care, life assurance, free parking, regular social events, flexible working, company pension, half days on a Friday, 25 days annual leave and a salary of up to £80,000.
Call to action
- Number 1: Click the little apply button (don’t worry, we’ll discuss before your CV or application goes anywhere)
- Number 2: You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Number 3: You can find me on LinkedIn (Louis Plevin), trust me there’s not many people with the surname Plevin