Lead Firmware Engineer- Permanent- Cambridge- £55k-£65k + bonus
SoCode are working closely with a market leading client in Cambridge to help them find a Lead Firmware/Embedded Engineer who is capable of not just hands on coding, but but leading a team whilst working closely with a hardware and electronics team.
The Lead Engineer will be responsible for the development and test of a range of key products for the business. Their work will include the development of microcontrollers and other SOC's managing the entire software live-cycle, hardware/software integration and managing stakeholders.
- Lead all the firmware activities (entire lifecycle) and manage a team of engineers of varyied experience
- Work with the Head of Electronics Engineering to execute and deliver the Innovation Master Plan
- Maintain, expand and document already existing complex firmware for microcontrollers (C)
- Create new firmware platforms (C) for microcontrollers and other SoC’s allowing code reuse across projects
- Work with third parties to bring the latest technology to the business portfolio. This includes IoT, AR and AI systems
- Work with hardware engineers to research potential IC’s and SoC’s for new applications
- Candidates must be prepared to travel occasionally internationally
- Ideally a qualified Lead Firmware Engineer with at least 10 years’ experience and previous experience in embedded systems (microcontrollers) for high-volume consumer electronics or similar
- Proven track record of developing complex software in Embedded C to a high standard (bare-metal and RTOS)
- Must be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of microcontrollers and best practices for embedded software development
- Strong skills with firmware IDEs/tools (Eclipse, MPLAB, Tortoise SVN, Bugzilla). Previous experience with Cortex-M0 and Cortex-M4 would be highly beneficial
- Experience of IoT systems/platforms. Previous experience with Mbed OS and Pelion or similar would be highly beneficial
This is an urgent role where successful applicants can expect to be interviewed extemely quickly. They would be in line for a competitive salary and bonus structure whilst having the opportunity to work on a consumer product seen in many homes across the world.
If you owuld like to know more, please email your CV to email@example.com