Job title: Head of Electronics
Location: Greater Cambridge
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
SoCode Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with an innovative consumer electronics company, based in Cambridge. The company are market leaders in their chosen fields, and their products are sold in shops worldwide. You will be working in a dynamic, fast paced environment, as part of their growing electronic engineering team.
They are seeking a Head of Electronics to lead and develop their highly talented engineering team. This role is a great opportunity to join a vibrant, growing company based in the heart of the Cambridge tech cluster. You will have ownership over product development, working closely with the other areas of the business to review designs, overseeing products from the design stage through to manufacturing.
This position can offer a salary of £70,000 - £85,000, plus competitive benefits
Some of the things you’ll be involved in (not limited to)…
- Oversee the development, testing and production of consumer electronics at their high facility R+D site
- Liaise with stakeholders across the business to improve the design of high-volume consumer electronics, leading to a tangible impact on the business such as lower field failure rates, cost savings or other benefits.
- Work with other departments to ensure appliances comply with internal specifications and external standards
- Take ownership of purchasing decisions, such as second source components used in production
- Develop and lead a highly talented team engineers from R&D through to production
- You will also be asked to travel to China, the US and various European countries to coordinate with stakeholders and suppliers
You will have the following skills and experience…
- A proven track record of managing teams within the high-volume electronics space
- Experience in developing junior engineers, and leading large departments
- Demonstrated history of commercial awareness in regards cost, product compliance and manufacturing
- Understanding of the fundamentals of electronic engineering
- Strong understanding of digital and analogue PCB design, testing and manufacturing processes
- The ability to communicate effectively and influence others
- The ability to make key decisions around personnel, manufacturing and technological development under tight deadlines
SoCode Recruitment are a dedicated team of specialist recruitment consultants who cover the Cambridge Technology market. We have a dedicated consultant for each division, and we cover all aspects of technology, from Software Development and Testing to Senior Appointments and business support roles.