SoCode are proud to be working in partnership with a design and manufacturer of computer connectivity hardware who are located on the outskirts of Cambridge and are the market leaders in their field!
A great opportunity has arisen for an Embedded Software Engineer to join their software development team due to organic growth.
Being apart of a collaborative, challenging and friendly software team you will be responsible for both the structural design of software and detailed implementation work, therefore it is essential that you are comfortable working at broad and very detailed levels. Experience with writing software for network appliances and an understanding of network protocols would be a bonus. For this role it is essential that you have embedded C experience together with an aptitude for understanding low level hardware and software interaction to extract optimal performance from target hardware.
Essential skills and experience:
- Extensive experience with Embedded C
- Able to optimise hardware performance
- Develop, test and debug on Linux systems experience
- Proven experience of platform bring-up and low-level debugging
- Knowledge of device drivers and system level software
- Confident with version control systems
- Degree qualified or equivalent
The following skills and experience are advantageous but not essential:
- Knowledge of SoC hardware components
- Experience of C++
- Previous experience of RTOS based systems
- Networking protocols
- Video compression techniques
- Able to fault find digital hardware
- Knowledge of encryption standards
This is a rare opportunity where you will be able to physically see the cools products you are working on from the full life cycle of architecture, code, test to being built in manufacturing and shipped out!
Location: Outskirts of Cambridge
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Hours: 9am – 5:30pm (Flexible working available)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, pension scheme, annual bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, and more!