We are partnering with one of Cambridge’s most intelligent and interesting businesses to help them on the journey to grow their team.
Recruiting for a DevOps Engineer, we are looking for somebody with experience of being the sole engineer within the business. This is the first DevOps body so owning the role, making an impact and building a small team will all be part of your role.
This is a very social business with everybody getting involved. Individuals who want to participate and influence are considered suitable for this role.
As the first engineer within the business, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the platform is reliable, scalable and resilient by building out the end to end monitoring capabilities.
- Improve the use of AWS, Docker, Kubernetes and Jenkins.
- Manage and improve the CICD environment by scaling requirements from development to the build.
- Develop libraries, frameworks and front-ends to create and smart and automated Devops environment.
- Manage and improve support systems including metrics, centralise logging, tracing and alerting to stay ahead of issues.
- Reduce the build and test cycle time to help developers productively.
- Implement best practices for ensuring continued availability and security of infrastructures.
The successful candidate will hold a minimum of 4+ years’ experience either as a DevOps Engineer or as an Infrastructure Engineer. You will need to be fluent with DevOps Tools, such as:
- Source control systems (preferably familiar with Git)
- CI/CD tools (preferably familiar with Jenkins)
- Containerization (we currently use Docker & Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure as code frameworks
- Configuration Management (Puppet, Chef)
- Scripting and programming languages (Bash, Python, PowerShell etc)
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Cloud monitoring & alerts
Previous experience using open source data and streaming technologies (ELK, LogStash) would be a strong benefit.
Salary wise, this role if offering up to £60,000 basic. There may be some negotiation on this for the right candidate.
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation