Data Scientist / Physicist – Global Consumer Brand - Cambridge
This client is a globally renowned consumer brand with a large research and development team based in Cambridge. They are on the look out for a data scientist to capture, extract, analyse and report on data from their core product line using scientific methods and data analysis techniques as well as identify new opportunities for R+D in the PaaS space and within IoT.
- Early-stage product development to help define future breakthroughs within IoT and connected smart devices.
- Supporting the testing and research of new technologies utilising physics to define future developments.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders through early-stage developments, creating proof of principle prototypes to prove feasibility.
- Work with the science team to understand the latest research.
- Provide consultancy support for products in cycle where required.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Honour’s degree and preferably PhD educated in Physics or a closely related engineering with demonstrated experience in data science in a commercial or research environment.
- Broad understanding of a wide range of physics principles and an ability to identify and apply them to product research.
- Prior experience/ knowledge of some of the following: handling big data, predictive modelling, statistics, machine learning, IoT, database management.
This is a great opportunity to join a world leading consumer brand at a pivotal point in their growth and product direction. You will be joining a rapidly growing business within their R+D team that have won awards for their culture.
SoCode are a specialist recruitment business working on behalf of this organisation. Please apply below or email: email@example.com to be considered, all applications are completely confidential.