Data Engineer – Java - Fintech
One of SoCodes exclusive clients are looking to recruit a number of Data Engineers to work on a project that is going to change banking as we know it. This is not a “disruptive start-up” but an established player within the industry who are looking to work, operate and execute banking in a very different way. The approach for the company is going to be cloud-native and they have created a start-up environment where your decisions and development will have a meaningful impact on business decisions and the entire banking market!
This client will have a huge impact on the UK banking market over the coming years and this will be a career defining role for many people. You will have the chance to work alongside the best minds in the country, building something together that will be customer centric, cloud agnostic and more importantly, impactful!
Culture is an important factor here and those that have worked in start-up environments will appreciate the fast pace that will be expected of everybody on this programme of work.
- Academic qualification in a computer science or STEM (science, technology, engineering
or mathematics) related field or the foreign equivalent
- Professional experience working in an agile, dynamic and customer facing environment
- At least 2 years of recent hands-on professional experience (actively coding) working as
a back-end software engineer or data engineer
- Extensive experience with using a JVM language (Java/Scala/Kotlin, preferably Java 8+)
or extensive knowledge of Python
Understanding of distributed systems and cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Understanding of (distributed and non-distributed) data structures,
- Understanding of data streaming and messaging frameworks (Kafka, Spark Structured
Streaming, Flink, etc.)
- Spark framework
- Experience with SQL (any dialect)