SoCode is proud to be representing a fantastic opportunity at a global technology company. The client is going through a sustained period of growth and has be actively hiring at all levels. Due to this growth, the company requires a software practice manager to work with up to 15 engineers to ensure the maintenance of agile and software best practices. The successful candidate will play an important role in the protecting the collaborative environment that has enabled the company to be such a success to date.
With a headcount growth rate of 25% YoY and moves into cutting edge technology such as virtual reality, the company are looking for a software development manager to work with at team of talented engineers, to foster and protect a culture of innovation and creativity. The company believes if people are treated well, and talent and hardwork rewarded everything else will naturally follow.
- Experienced engineer, technical ability is important (ideally C++ but not a deal-breaker)
- Inspirational leadership
- Experience management in an agile environment
- Experience fostering a culture of improvement, and best practice
- Exceptional communication skills
- In-depth experience of agile
- An accomplished self-learner
- Mentor and collaboratively manage a group of exceptional engineers
- Have a need/want to give back to others and help them development the best career possible
- 1 to 1s with individuals that you manage, whilst giving constructive criticism
- Involvement in the hiring process
- Mentoring and coaching exceptional talent, to ensure there is next generation of world-class engineers at the company
- Conduct performance reviews, and facilitate an environment that encourages growth among the employees
- Be focused on continual improvement.
If you are interested and/or would like to know more about this new opportunity, email me on Hector@SoCode.co.uk