Role: Bid Engineering Manager
Location: North Cambridge
Salary: £40-50,000 per annum
Based a short distance for Cambridge North, this mission critical communication business works in the design, manufacturing and supply of digital communication products. They are looking for an experienced Bid Engineering Manager to take ownership of the role. The work they provide is largely within the public services domain, with the tech they develop, being relied on in life or death scenarios. The work environment can be full on, with an expectation of delivery, though the management team do as much to relieve some of that pressure by allowing half days on Friday’s and working in spacious and modern working environments.
The Bid Engineering Manager will be required to produce technical proposals that reflect the company’s bid strategies positively and promote their capabilities to maximise the chances of winning bids. The right person will have experience having worked in a technical product business, and also in producing different bid documents for a variety of products/clients.
- Configure AX and supporting systems to support the clients’ current and future technical offering at all times.
- Maintain knowledge of the businesses key competitors’ technical offering in co-operation with PSG.
- Review, understand and respond to tender or customer request technical documentation.
- Design technical solutions within the set bid time frame in collaboration with other bid stakeholders (notably Sales and Product Management) as required.
- Interface with the businesses customers as necessary on technical issues, in coordination with Sales.
- Generate bid BOM’s to support the chosen technical solutions using AX.
- Lead bid technical reviews as necessary.
- Identify non-standard products to be included in bids and to cost them, in collaboration with PSG.
- Produce best-in-class technical proposal documentation, including technical compliance statements.
- Develop and maintain feedback to Product Management of relevant technical information from bids.
- Develop and maintain tools that ensure that technical proposal text is consistently best-in-class and is developed in the most productive way.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness, managing P&L’s, applying governance and gaining management approval for proposals.
- Disseminate adequate information of the businesses current and future technical offering to the bid team.
- Participate in specific bid initiatives as agreed with Head of Bids and to recommend improvements.
- Engineering degree level in communications or equivalent
- 3+ years Bid Engineering Management experience
- Commercially aware with regards to understanding a business
I'm interested, what now?
Number 1: Click the little apply button (don’t worry, we’ll discuss before your CV or application goes anywhere)
Number 2: You can email me at email@example.com