AWS DevOps Engineer
Location – Cambridge
Salary – £45,000 – £55,000
SoCode is working with an AWS Cloud based, big data client who is looking for a motivated DevOps Engineer to join an agile cross-functional product team comprising Product Management, UX Design, QA and Development. The team you would be joining embraces the DevOps culture, continuously striving to add value to products and customers through automation and collaboration. This is a great company to work for with a vast amount benefits to enjoy.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing technical solutions for new and existing products, almost exclusive working on the AWS platform. You should be comfortable with writing scripts and basic software code to enhance and streamline your daily activities which will continuously evolve.
Essential skills and experience
- AWS experience
- Senior technical infrastructure skills across a complex environment including servers, storage and networks
- Experience with infrastructure or application automation
- Experience with programming and scripting in a server and or a web environment
- Microservice based architectures experience with maintaining and supporting large scale customer facing environments
- Security based knowledge relates to cloud-based infrastructure
- Networking experience with basic understanding of IP, network traffic flow, network ports and protocols
- Windows and Linux command line tools
Desirable skills and
- Database administration and building including enhancing performance
- Automation tooling (Terraform or Ansible)
- CI/CD priciples and best practices
- Tertiary degree in computer science or related areas
Please apply today to Ross Haydon (firstname.lastname@example.org / 01223 620870) to discuss the role and client in more detail
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme. If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us.