Senior Infrastructure Engineer
SoCode has partnered with a Cambourne based software company, who’s software is an essential element to some of the biggest manufacturers in the world. They have a vacancy, for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join their close-knit IT Support team of 5. This is within a team of envy, due to the strong relationships between colleagues and the work environment they have created which is fantastic. This role will be reporting to the Head of IT.
Your new role will predominately be working on projects (70%) while also maintaining existing systems and BAU work (30%). Your new company is a Microsoft Gold partner, so you will always be using the latest Microsoft technologies, or will be upgrading to it.
Your new roles responsibilities will be:
- 3rd line Infrastructure support, Handle escalated calls from the IT helpdesk#
- Ownership of core infrastructure, including Active Directory, LAN, firewalls and Office365.
- Administration of the VMware infrastructure and Netapp SANs.
- Administer backup and disaster recovery systems and processes.
- Monitor security systems and take action to adhere with best practice.
- Keep operational documentation up-to-date.
- Research, plan and implement infrastructure upgrades and replacement solutions solely or as part of a team.
Your essential skills, experience and disposition will be:
- Advanced knowledge of Exchange, Office365 and Active Directory
- Networking expertise – TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs, Next Gen Firewalls.
- Extensive knowledge of VMware vSphere.
- Experience with enterprise storage (SAN)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure/hybrid infrastructure
- Experience with Microsoft desktop OSs (Windows 7, 8, 10).
- In-depth knowledge of one scripting language preferably Bash Or PowerShell
- Basic knowledge of Linux and Macintosh desktop OS
- Strong communication, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Occasional travel may be required to support infrastructure and users.
- Critical system issues, as and when they occur may occasionally involve some out-of-hours working.
- Free parking,
- Private medical cover for you and family
- Generous 9% non-contribution pension scheme
- Income protection and life assurance
- Flexible working hours and flexible holiday plan
- No probation period!
- Profit share scheme
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Friday afternoons will be used for dedicated learning and Development