SoCode has partnered with a global software business who are looking to add a Windows 2nd Line Support Engineer to their renown research and development team, based in north Cambridge.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team using the latest technologies, working on cutting edge technology projects, who have just migrated to Azure and built a Multi-tenancy architecture from scratch. You will have the opportunity to drastically improve your knowledge of cloud, alongside day to day duties on front of house support, covering all aspects of Software and Desktop support.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing helpdesk support incidents within agreed SLA’s and to meet the R&D’s team requirements. This will mean providing an effective and appropriate level of support to the the various software, QA, DevOps and Professional services teams.
- You will assist with the support the Cambridge office, but may also work with the wider global offices when required.
- You will be involved and tasked with supporting the entire IT Infrastructure (Hardware, Network, Communications, and software) and maintaining the maximum availability of systems, making employees aware of risks and ensure documentation of such systems.
Ideally you will have experience in:
- Demonstrate level 1 & 2 support
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Windows based skillset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Skype, Networking, Active Directory, Backup, Anti-virus, hardware maintenance
- Virtualization in Hyper V / VMware
- Azure Active Directory
- Windows Server Administration
- Proficiency with ARM templates and/or Azure CLI
- PowerShell Scripting
- Source control, preferably Git
- Salary: up to £35,000
- Bonus – 10%
- Pension – 10% employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Other benefits worth around £3000
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode by submitting your CV to Bradleigh@Socode.co.uk