SoCode has partnered with a world leading software company who have been able to adapt and overcome the recent challenges faced by the pandemic, and are now investing into a ‘start up’ team to create a new intelligent next generation piece of software for their tier 1 customers.
We are looking for a Windows Software Engineer in DevOps to own the core platform for this exciting new NLP machine learning software, which includes responsibility of API’s and deployment. Your responsibilities will include creating an environment where there is a smooth transition from development to operations, with a long-term vision of recruiting and managing a talented technical team.
To be successful you will need a passion for DevOps, as this role will cover deployment into Azure, and you will be responsible for all the technology / services that the team use. You will need in depth knowledge of cloud, ideally Azure as you will be tasked with configuring the cloud in a cost efficient and optimal way, so that the solution can evolve to production without hiccups. This team use the latest technology available under Microsoft azure platform and will augment these technologies to better suit their environment. This role will also include developing API’s, so you will need a good foundation in SOLID development principals.
This is a cloud first environment, using the latest technologies within Microsoft and Azure. As such you will need to have knowledge of some of the following:
- Azure Data lake, Azure Search, Azure DevOps, Azure API Manager and Cosmos (MySQL)
- Design and build architecture of a highly available nature using scalable web solutions
- Promote and build the DevOps Methodology
- Monitor activity and use monitoring tools appropriate for the solution
- Creating a seamless deployment and use the appropriate technologies to have a highly effective solution, with an understanding of the cost implications of usage.
- Code in C#, create docker images, and use Kubernetes for orchestration. Also set up Infrastructure as code (Terraform), and CI/CD pipelines.
- Excellent communication skills, able to influence teams and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
The benefits package is one of the best in Cambridge:
- This role will start remotely but require at least 3 days on site from 2021.
- Up to 10% bonus
- 9% employer pension contribution
- 28 days leave + Bank holidays
- Subsidised restaurant
- Cash benefit – You can choose substantial benefits useful to you of a significant cash value
- At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode by submitting your CV to Bradleigh@Socode.co.uk