Job title: Software Test Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 (depending on experience)
Start Date: ASAP
SoCode Recruitment are partnering with an incredibly successful technology company that have helped to keep millions of people connected throughout lockdown, by providing Remote Access Software.
The successful QA Engineer will be joining their close-knit QA and DevOps team, assisting the development teams across the product portfolio, from inception right through to QA and deployment. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of technologies, from cloud-based, to backend APIs as well as Mobile/Desktop. This is a great opportunity where you will get to work in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere where you are always encouraged to improve your skills.
Some of the things you’ll be involved in…
- Identifying and preparing test cases
- Developing scenarios with Python automated tests and expanding the automation framework
- Investigating test failures
- Analysing and verifying bug fixes
- Reviewing code developed by other test engineers
You will have the following skills and experience…
- Automation testing experience, including use of Python and Selenium WebDriver
- Confident with writing clear, concise bug reports
- Clear communication skills, able to communicate with stakeholders across the business
- Keen eye for detail when it comes to testing software
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of Git source control management
- DevOps experience (AWS/Azure) beneficial
- Knowledgeable with Jira, Confluence and Stash (beneficial)
- ISTQB certified
SoCode Recruitment are a dedicated team of specialist recruitment consultants who cover the Cambridge Technology market. We have a dedicated consultant for each division, and we cover all aspects of technology, from Software Development and Testing to Senior Appointments and business support roles.