SoCode has partnered with a fast-growing artificial intelligence (AI) start-up based in north Cambridge, who’re fast becoming a major disruptor with their NLP solution. They have now obtained 25 large multinational clients, who’s demand for service is creating a large need for the company to expand its Linux Customer Support team.
As a result of an enlarged team they’re looking for a Technical Operations Manager to oversee a team of Infrastructure and DevOps Engineers. The company is incredibly quality focussed, with only 3-4 tickets raised with them each day, but need to be handled with the highest level of customer and technical care.
Your new role will involve running of the day to day application support and service management for multiple production and development environments. Additionally, your team will be responsible for delivering infrastructure solutions that underpin the company’s Product Vision.
Your responsibilities will include:
Manage a team of Technical Support and DevOps Engineers
- Ensure the availability of a global SaaS operation
- Ensure services are delivered within operational budgets
- Take ownership of customer support tickets, ensuring that all tickets are actioned in a timely manner and SLAs met
- Work with the Technical Support Engineers to execute impact analysis and provide accurate classification of reported issues to ensure appropriate prioritisation
- Work closely with Technical Leads to resolve issues and provide excellent customer service, ensuring problem routing and escalation, when necessary
- Ensure SLAs are met through regular monitoring of systems. Deliver periodic ticketing reports in conjunction with SLAs
- Work with Technical Support lead to build automated processes to streamline support procedures
- Take responsibility for smooth and seamless product releases, with minimal system downtime
- Provide service availability reporting and capacity management for hosted services
- Take responsibility to ensure new customers are onboarded and available within the agreed SLA.
- Undertake quarterly security checks to validate user access
- Provide and maintain company IT asset register
- Responsible for selection of stories into iterations via sprint planning
- Responsible for product backlog definition to meet the Product Management objectives
- Responsible for specifying requirements for other squads as required
- Responsible for Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives to gather feedback and implement feedback / lessons learnt
- Work with other Squads during sprint cycle to provide necessary infrastructure and services
To be successful you will need:
- Good knowledge of Linux operating systems and services
- Good knowledge of MySQL (or similar)
- Knowledge of agile working practices
- Critical thinker and excellent problem-solving skills Good and proven communication skills both written and verbally
- Scripting such as bash or python
- Used Jira or Target Process
- Usage of Bitbucket or equivalent tool
- Understanding and exposure of Python & PHP programming languages
- A salary up to £60,000
- Competitive share options
- 25 days holiday + BH
- 4% employer pension contribution
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode by submitting your CV to Bradleigh@Socode.co.uk