SoCode are proud to have partnered with an exciting Cambridge based client in the telecommunications field. Our client is known for developing self-organising mesh technology to deliver Gigabit Fixed Wireless Access services which is currently being deployed around the world to provide 5G virtual fibre connectivity for mobile operators and broadband service providers.
With strong financial background and the opportunity to work in a genuinely flexible environment, there is an exciting opportunity for a System Test Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
- Contribute to the creation of comprehensive functional, regression, performance and load/stress test plans and adhere to company’s current test procedures.
- Investigate and document defects in a defect-tracking system and verify resolution to ensure prompt closure of all important defects
- Execute integration and system test plans
- Assist in the day-to-day team work in an agile dev environment
- Strong background in testing
- Excellent layer 2 and 3 knowledge / hand-on experience
- Good understanding of various network protocols and standards
- Experience and passion for troubleshooting and debugging complex systems
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement
Other desirable experience
- Experience in test tools and utilities such as Ixia, Spirent and Wireshark/Ethereal
- Microwave radio experience
- Network synchronisation (NTP or PTP)
- Scripting experience: TCL, Expect, Python
Alongside working with cutting-edge technologies, you’ll be part of a flexible and passionate team working towards common goals.
Please get in touch for more information on 01223620869/ Hector@socode.co.uk or apply via advert.