SoCode are proud to be working with a leader in Genomic Analysis - currently on track to being one of the largest businesses in the Biotech world. One of their key focuses is to create personalized medication which is unique to an individual’s own genetic make-up.
We are currently looking for a Staff Software Engineer who will be able to hit the ground running. Your responsibilities will include maintaining mission critical software services and solutions as well as aligning software architecture with user needs to bring high-value products to market.
You will have some experience in most of the following areas:
- RESTful API design
- Entity relationship modelling and database design
- Development in C#, Python OR Java
- Use of common software frameworks and libraries such as ASP.NET, Hibernate, Flask, Java EE, Boost, JUnit
- Cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, EC2 and S3
- Full software-lifecycle experience: software requirements, design, implementation, testing and maintenance
- Agile software development processes
- Development on Linux systems
- Proficient with source control management repositories (such as GIT, SVN, etc.) and CM practices
- Additional skills which are desirable would be: Continuous integration, automated software testing
This role offers up to £80,000 per annum, plus a generous benefits package. You will also have the opportunity to work flexibly, 2 days working remotely and 3 days working from their Cambridge office. You will be working in a team of dedicated, bright and energetic individuals and for a company which truly believes in investing in its people.
If you or anyone you know might be interested in this role, please get in touch!