Software Test Engineer – Cambridge - £50,000 - £60,000
Our client, who is a global advisory, broking and solutions company is seeking an experienced and professional Software Test Engineer to join their Cambridge team to help work on their market leading financial modelling software.
Our client is a multinational advisory company that operates in 120+ countries with over 35,000 employees. Our client offers global advisory, solutions and brokerage for a wide range of clients in the financial markets. You will largely be working with Software Engineers and Software Testers to help develop the new version of their legacy financial modelling software.
The role is located on the outskirts of Cambridge (about 5-7 miles from the city centre) and just down the road from an easily accessible train station.
The Role will initially include:
- Identifying and implementing unit tests (C#, NUnit) and reviewing the unit tests along with the test data and the code.
- Working on both their legacy product and their new releases
- Working closely with the Software Engineers to ensure that testability and best practices are built in to the code.
- Running both manual and automated testing, including regression testing, exploratory testing and verification of fixes.
The client is looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about their work in testing and is always looking to further improve the quality of their work.
- Extensive experience in unit testing using NUnit (or other unit testing frameworks)
- Experienced with software development using C# (although other modern OO languages will be considered).
- Higley experienced within the field of testing that ranges from unit testing, integration, system and performance testing
- The ability to be flexible during the development lifecycle to work on from test strategy to system and component level testing.
The salary for the role is between £50,000 to £60,000 per annum depending on experience and it will Including a generous benefits package consisting of a performance bonus, Private medical, car allowance, 25 holiday days, fantastic pension scheme.
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme. If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. if we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with a thank you present to show our appreciation.