Job title: Software QA Engineer
Location: Cambridge (Remote working, flexibility)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £40,000
Start Date: ASAP
Are you a Junior or mid-level Software QA Engineer looking to progress your career with a world leader in engineering software?
We have a long-standing relationship with a global software house, who have fantastic offices based on the Science Park. They are looking for an ambitious, driven and analytical Software QA Engineer to be responsible for designing and running tests on software reliability, usability and viability.
The Software QA Engineer will need to be autonomous, show initiative, flexible and open to new technologies. You may well even interact with customers to better understand requirements as well as looking to continuously improving test process.
You should have a working knowledge of software and test design, the capability to run through tests, and the ability to analyze the results. Ultimately, you will be results-driven, a good communicator, and have up-to-date knowledge of software programming and software test design.
I am also intereted in speaking to Graduates who posses a relevant degree (Computer Science, IT etc.)
The ideal candidate will…
- Be experienced in manually testing software, using industry standard approaches to confirming that features, changes and bug fixes to software work as expected
- Help solve complex engineering problems via test and/or test tooling development
- Reproduce complex customer reported issues and verify fixes
- Maintain test lab resources and infrastructure
- Have an understanding and/or experience using an object-oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Java, C#)
- Contribute to existing and create new test automation tooling
- Help integrate and improve automation integration within CI/CD pipeline across engineering
- Spot areas of improvements that can be made across engineering using automation in all its forms
- Help to push automation, coding and process best practices across engineering through leading by example
- You have an understanding of or an interest in non-functional testing
In return, they can offer you…
- An incredible bonus package that you can tailor
- Annual bonus scheme