SoCode are working to find a Software Program Manager, with experience of some aspects of safety critical, to oversee software for a very technologically advanced medical company.
Our client are working on a new range of products in the emerging medical technology space, as well as delivering data science projects both for internal and external clients. This new range of products, including the associated data science tools.
As the Senior Project Manager / Program Manager specialising in software, you will be part of a team that is responsible for delivering entire products to market. Each team has it's own specialists, from mechanical, to electronic, to process, to chemical, to data science and more, so it is a relatively focused role, although is also varied in it's approach. As such, as well as working with the software engineering team to ensure that world class software is delivered, you will also be required to integrate effectively with those other departments.
Any additional experience of data science would be beneficial, but this is not required as it could both be learnt, or covered internally.
Hence, this is a senior role that will require someone with strong leadership skills, and a proven ability to deliver world class software in a highly regulated industry. Medical devices would of course be preferable, but experience of aerospace, automotive, or a similarly highly regulated and process driven industry can be considered.
This is an opportunity to work in a fantastic team environment on products that can genuinely change peoples lives. An excellent location in Cambridge, with flexible working hours and a focus on employee and team happiness is on offer for the right candidate.
Requirements for application:
- Senior Software Project Management / Software Program Management
- Experience in a highly regulated industry - medical devices, medical software, aerospace, automotive etc
- Full software development lifecycle
- Medical software development
- Embedded software
- Experience of medical codes, standards, and regulatory compliance
- Experience of C/C++ on Linux or RTOS platforms, Python Engineering or Data Science
- Full stack design and implementation from bare metal to UI
- Code reviews, defect investigation, documentation review and process compliance audits
Immediate interviews and immediate starts are available. We also have a more junior role available, so if you aren't sure if you quite match this, but want to know more, please apply!