SoCode is happy to present a position in one of the most successful start-ups and fastest growing companies in the UK. Based out of Cambridge and working alongside some of the world’s top Financial Technology companies. The aim of this company is pre-emptive over retroactive, and in doing so have developed one of the best AI’s for financial fraud detection in the world. Regarded as a “Future 50” company since 2018, this is a huge opportunity in an energetic, problem solving environment with a company that has virtually limitless potential and has already achieved so much.
The opportunity this role provides is as a Java focused software engineer developing features for an underpinning programme for their ARIC and building new plug-in modules for the platform. The ability to work in a small team with further autonomy within a rapidly expanding company is a valuable and rare opportunity for highly academic and skilled problem solvers to work with like-minded individuals within this energetic and enjoyable culture.
This position within this new small team is looking for developers with the right skills and mindset. The right candidate will understand the importance of financial adaptive behaviour analytics and the value this provides to the company and the public, and will be able to deliver on these projects, working well within the team.
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Experience of designing and developing scalable distributed applications in Java
- Knowledge of patterns and their trade-offs in a distributed environment
- Experience of relational and/or NoSQL databases for large datasets
- Comfortable working with large codebases
- Ability to manage and prioritise your own workload
- External API integration
- Code profiling and performance tuning
- Cloud platforms and automation
- modern IDEs, source control and continuous integration systems
- Web services – HTTP API development
- Message queueing systems – RabbitMQ / ActiveMQ / Kafka
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email email@example.com.
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with a thank you present to show our appreciation.