Job title: Software Developer in Test (various levels)
Location: Remote / office based - Cambridge / hybrid (flexible)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £35,000 - £70,000
Start Date: ASAP
SoCode are working with a Cambridge based technology company that are hiring Software Developers in Test at various levels (Junior, mid-level, Seniors) as they’re going through a growth period due to their continued success in the market.
This company are at the forefront of Machine Learning, utilising their technology within a number of different sectors. Their Predictive and Analytics Software is predominantly used in the audio space.
They are offering flexibility in terms of remote working; if you would like to be office-based you can be, otherwise they will allow remote working or hybrid working too!
*If you only have experience of testing UI’s, this role unfortunately won’t be suitable as they are seeking people who have experience with Backend testing*
Some of the things you’ll be involved in (not limited to)…
- Designing, implementing, maintaining test frameworks and processes, meeting the teams’ requirements (Agile environment)
- Producing robust system and component level automation tests
- Owning and implementing the test automation capabilities and changes to improve the CI testing
You will have the following skills and experience…
- Excellent programming skills (Python is preferable, however, if you have strong programming skills in C++, GO, Rest, etc. this would be considered) you will be working with Python so a strong desire to learn this is important, if you are not already fluent in Python
- Automating software deployment and tests for complex distributed systems
- Solid Linux skills/experience
- Understanding od build systems and CI/CD
- Knowledge/experience of Azure, RESTful APIs and container-based apps (desirable, not essential)
- Excellent communication skills
- Fast learner and self-starter, able to work independently as well as part of a team
SoCode Recruitment are a dedicated team of specialist recruitment consultants who cover the Cambridge Technology market. We have a dedicated consultant for each division, and we cover all aspects of technology, from Software Development and Testing to Senior Appointments and business support roles.